The most annoying thing that a web browser usually experiences is the tag line “404 error page” or “Page Not Found”. This makes the visitor to lose interest in the respective site and consequences may not say beneficial for any growing business. This problem occurs when a link is clicked that does not exist. A visitor sees “404 error page” when he tries to access a non existing page on the website. A 404 error page can appear when the page is moved or deleted, or the link is broken. There are three basic steps by which you can transform 404 error page problems into a business opportunity.
• Do not create a visual disconnect same local field as rest of the website, including the navigation. Let the visitor know what actually happen.
• Avoid the use of technical language, it makes the visitor flabbergasted.
• Guide the visitor to the website linked to most popular contents including search box.
You can convert your error page into humorous one that apologies for every inconvenience and continued the visitor to engage on your website. You can also create your own personalized 404 error pages to keep occupied the visitor, but the significant thing is to consider for doing this that how your website is built. Some of the Content management system allows accessing and editing the web page just like the regular page. They provide the facility of including a place to add a special message or a search box or image that can appear on a 404 page. If you cannot find the option or unable to do the same, it is better, to hire a web master.
Another most appealing approach is to login to “Google get your business online”. This is one of the most efficient ways to develop free website. It also provides you opportunity to edit your 404 page by the simple process.
• Sign in to your account at intuit website.com
• View page drop down menu on the top navigation select site error 404
• Make your edits and hit save and publish and check your website
• Add extra characters to find what visitors see. You can type additional characters at the end of URL of the website, now view your error page. You can observe your own customized error page that now does not frustrated visitors but keep them engaged and guides them towards your website.