For a proper business growth, it is mandatory to attract potential customer while sustaining the existing one. Attractive site features assist you to hold command on prospective clientage. With these appealing site features, Search engines boost your business to your possible customers. To make your site stands apart, Provide detailed page name and site description. These are the two important web features that help your business grow smoothly.
Page name or the page title describes a web page to search engines. It is imperative because Google and other search engines use it to determine the content and context of the page. The more informative your title the better chance of your webpage to appear and appear higher in Google search results. Page name is situated at the top of the web browser, in the browser tab of the search result pages. Things to be remembering with page name:
- Page name should be accurate; the name should exactly be describes the topic of the page; you must avoid title that have no relation with the content
- Incorporate important keywords but do not stuff them
- Avoid generic name, try to provide important details
- Page should have unique page name
- Stay within the limit of 70 characters
Page description is a longer summary of a web page. Google may display it as a snippet on the search result page to help searcher to get more information about that page. It is essential to convince the user, to click on the link, to visit on the site. It is shown at the search result page underneath the link of the website. It helps the searcher scanning the page to decide which website to visit. Always follow the mentioned points with page description:
- It should be accurate and unique.
- Avoid using generic terms.
- Don’t copy the content from the entire page. Attach with the limit of 150-160 character
- Don’t fill it with keywords.
How to edit web page name or page description:
If you edit under the proper guidance of content management system, editing is effortless as they provide an option to edit page name or page description. If you edit directly the page name is placed on the title tag in the head tag of the Html document. You will need a webmaster to do this.
You can also create a free web site with Google get your business online program and editing web page name and description is easy by following simple steps:
- Sign in into your website account
- From the view page drop down menu on the top navigation, select the page u work on
- From the page setting drop down select the page name and description
- Enter your page name and description into the labeled areas
- Save and publish
- Now visit your website to view the changes